Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26th,

So as of this past Sunday I have finally broke 20% body fat!! Just barely. This week I added in a little cardio, 3 days of a moderate 30 minutes, keeping my weight training about the same. But since I am participating in the Tough Mudder tomorrow, I only lifted 3 days this week, instead of my normal 5. For those who don't know, Tough Mudder is an ~11 mile race with around 18 obstacles throughout the route. Obstacles include jumping off 15+ foot ledges into water, barreling under barbwire through muddy trenches and getting electrocuted, slightly. So in preparation to complete this thing I have tapered out my training the last 2 days.

As of tomorrow I will be about 12 weeks away from the competition I would most like to compete in. However, there is one a week later and another one 3 weeks later incase I can't get ready in time. My goal for this week coming up is to add in more cardio, but add in some HIIT (high intensity interval training) and sticking to the diet. I'm contemplating doing a carb cycle (where you do 3 days low carb followed by 1 day high carb), but will probably wait to attempt that in a week or 2 after I make a quick trip home to Vermont to see my family. Traveling always makes it difficult on diet, especially when people don't understand how critical each meal can be when your training for something like this.

Well wish me luck at the Tough Mudder tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment