Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Figured somethings out

So, its been a few weeks from my last post. Here's what's been going on:

I successfully made a trip to New Jersey to visit my husbands family. I say successfully because I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to pack all my food for a weekend and take it with me on a plane. For the longest time (until this trip) I was under the impression that you weren't allowed to bring food with you in your carry on. Thank goodness I was wrong!! I was able to pack granola, nuts, tuna fish, beef jerky and rice cakes. I didn't know how well cottage cheese or yogurt would pass thru security, so I held off on those until I go to Jersey and was able to go to a grocery store. Next time I make a flight, I think I'm going to try and bring cooked meat. I found a trick online, you pack large freezer bags and when you cross over security you find an ice machine to fill it with and pack it in with your meat in a cooler. Will make traveling that much easier. I was also successful because I was able to stick to my planned diet the whole time I was in Jersey (except for 2 things: Eric's family owns a carvel and his sister is a baker, I might of had a bite of ice cream and 2 bites of cake.......). I was also able to get in one solid workout in the 3 days I was there.

Secondly, we are in the process of moving. Anybody who's known me the last 4 years knows that this will be our 4th move since college. Happily we are only moving 20 minutes down the road instead of our usual 5-7 hours away!!! I thought that moving would have an impact on my food preparation and planning, but I've neglected a good chunk of packing just so I can have the equipment to stay on track. I figure we're not moving far so I don't have to pack as quickly????? :/ Workouts have been consistent expect...................

Thirdly, I've had a cold for the last week. Limiting any cardio, due to a violent mucus' attacking cough when my heart rate reaches so high. Like you really wanted to know that part :). So I've been able to incorporate some higher intensity for shorter duration into my lifting workouts, which I like to do a lot of the time anyway.  However.......

I need to start doing quite a bit more cardio. Mostly HIIT training. My body fat has been pretty steady the last few weeks. In order for me to confidentially enter the figure competition I am really excited about doing I need to drop at least 5% body fat. Now based on what I've read on the internet they suggest at LEAST 10 weeks in order to do that. Well, how ironic, the competition I am hoping to be ready for is in 10 weeks. Time to get my sh*t together!!!!!!!!

Current stats: 136# (need to be around 130); 19.5% body fat (would like to be around 14 at least)

P.S. I started looking at competition suits, If anybody has ever seen one you'd know.......this is not something I'd want my grandmother to see me in :/

No comments:

Post a Comment