Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 1: Amazing, Week 2: Appalling, Week 3: Determined

Week 1: Amazing, Week 2: Appalling. Week 3: Determined
 
Week one of dieting I felt amazing. I could feel myself slimming down, I had lost 3 pounds. Workouts were still going strong. I had actually accomplished all of my scheduled cardio sessions and my eating was on point. Wasn't feeling deprived, just satisfied.
 
Week two I considered to be quite the opposite. I had lost no weight (which I realize is to be expected when I only have 8-10 pounds to lose in the 12 week span and had already lost 3), but I was not feeling any significant difference like I did the first week which puts you on a path of doubt and you start questioning everything you are doing. Most of the week I was so hungry I just wanted ANYTHING that wasn't chicken and rice. Friday was my breaking point. I had pushed all week being completely successful with diet and workouts although it was extremely difficult and I was annoyingly irritable. Friday I cheated, double. I was way to sore to workout, so I skipped it. Then I had run out of my prepared foods by my 4th meal so for dinner I had yogurt covered pretzels while I was food shopping at the grocery store. Not going to lie, I felt so much better afterwards. I didn't feel guilty the least bit. When I woke up Saturday, I felt as if everything was right again. I woke up early to make up the missed workout from Friday (I usually take Saturdays off, its my recovery day). All of my meals since have been on point. I came to the realization, even if it ends up setting me back a little bit, I am going to allow myself one thing every two weeks throughout this prep to keep myself from going insane. I want this to be somewhat enjoyable, not devastating.
 
Now I'm only 2 days into week three, but I am refocused and reenergized. I have decided to not get to caught up in measurements. I am still going to weigh myself once a week, to make sure I'm on track, but as far as body fat measuring and tape measurements, I'm going to let my clothes and pictures show me the difference. I was so concerned last week that I wasn't changing, and to my relief when I took my second set of progress pictures yesterday I saw the difference. Numbers didn't change, but I could see pieces of my body changing. That in itself was motivating, I highly recommend taking progress pictures when transforming your body. Pictures from last post were from January 5th, this picture was taken yesterday, January 19th. I definitely notice a difference in the definition of my shoulders and abs. Apparently I lose body fat like a melting candle, legs will be the last to go.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment